Do you love hot chocolate but not the idea of drinking sugar? Check out this recipe for an inflammation kicking cup of goodness.
When you have the urge to drink some hot chocolate this holiday season don’t go reaching for the Swiss Miss. Instead, take a few minutes and make a cup of this superfood hot chocolate that has the ability to boost brain function, balance out your adrenals and reduce inflammation.
- 3/4 cup almond or coconut mile milk + 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon raw maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 dashes cinnamon
- cayenne + sea salt, pinch of each
Warm the milk, water, coconut oil and maple syrup in a small pot on the stove. Add the contents of the pot, along with the remaining ingredients, into a blender. Blend and enjoy!
Makes 1 serving
Premier Integrative Health